Absolution Linkshell

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Absolution Linkshell

Quetzalcoatl HNM Linkshell

+3
Kayu
Starrr
Lemonaide
7 posters

Lemonaide's Application~! - Accepted

Lemonaide
    Lemonaide

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2009-08-14

Lemonaide's Application~! - Accepted Empty Lemonaide's Application~! - Accepted

Post  Lemonaide Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:08 pm

- Character Name:
    Liminality (Odin)
    Lemonaide (Gilgamesh)

- Jobs at 75 (Please note it is required to have at least 1 mage job):
    Jobs @ 75: SAM, MNK, WHM, BLM, BRD, THF
    Jobs equipped: WHM & BLM (my main equipped jobs), THF (haste & WS equipped), BRD (Equipped well enough for end-game)
    Jobs un-equipped: SAM & MNK

- Do you have all of the appropriate sub jobs levelled for these jobs? (i.e. RDM/DRK, SAM/THF).

Yes, except for /RDM for BLM. I always switch out gear to proc my Sorcerer's Ring so the Auto-Regen isn't a problem, but /RDM still needs to be leveled.

- Notable gear for your jobs:
    WHM:
    Lemonaide's Application~! - Accepted Ffxi_20090814_160616

THF Haste/TP:
    Lemonaide's Application~! - Accepted Ffxi_20090814_160821
    Still trying to get some Sniper's Rings + The Crossbow I want.

THF WS:
    Lemonaide's Application~! - Accepted Ffxi_20090814_161035
    Still need the rest of my Hecatomb gear.

BRD:
    Lemonaide's Application~! - Accepted Ffxi_20090814_161217
    Couldn't find my earrings, lol

BLM Idle:
    Lemonaide's Application~! - Accepted Ffxi_20090814_161515

BLM Nuking:
    Lemonaide's Application~! - Accepted Ffxi_20090814_161611

BLM HP Down:
    Lemonaide's Application~! - Accepted Ffxi_20090814_161643
    Need to get a few items to increase my inventory space, but for now it works, lol

BLM Resting:
    Lemonaide's Application~! - Accepted Ffxi_20090814_161737
    Still need the neckpiece.

I'm 6/8 HQ staves, I'm 2/3 for Black Belt, Vicious Mufflers, and other random things here and there.

- Number of Merits:
    197, I think.

- What have these merits been used on?
    T1/T2 BLM completed. Crit+ and Spell Interruption capped. MP to 4. Dagger and EVA capped. A few merits in WHM Cure Casting Time, Protect V, Shell V, and a few in THF, Feint, Assassin's Charge, capped Triple Attack.

- Which time zone are you in? What times do you play?
    As of right now, I play/am online most of the time. The only times when I'm not is when there is an emergency in RL, or not at my home.

- Do you have Sky/Sea Access?
    Yes, both ZM and CoP completed for a long time.

- Do you have Dynamis-Xarcabard Access?
    Yes, but I do not have Dynamis-Tavnazia Access.

- Are you available to do Dynamis, and Einherjar at the LS's posted times all the time?
    Yes, unless there is something in RL.

- End-game experience (Sky/Sea/HNM/Einherjar/Dynamis/etc):
    I have been doing end-game for a long time, or so it feels like I have, lol. Sky is pretty much a no-brainer. Kirin zergs, Gods, etc. Sea is one of my weaker areas, but I've done all of the NM's and JoL and AV (although never defeated AV). HNM is also no-brainer. Just have to out-claim, I know most of the strategies. I've done Khimaria, Tiamat, Fafnir, Nidhogg, King Behemoth, Behemoth, Aspid, Adaman, Cerberus. I have not done Sand Worm or Dark Ixion. Einherjar I have done most/all bosses, including Odin. I used to co-lead a Dynamis shell on Odin, so I'm pretty familiar with zones/strategies. I have pulled, but it was on WHM when all out THFs were weakened, lol. Anything else you would like to know, just ask.

- Are you willing to drop whatever you are doing and race to Tiamat/Cerberus/Khimaira/Sandworm/Dark Ixion when they pop?
    Yes.

- Do you have all relevant Outposts and Past Maws:
    Yes.

- Ventrilo Access? (It is recommended to download Ventrilo even if you do not have a microphone, as a lot of discussion takes place on there).
    I have both Ventrilo and Skype. I'm always on with my important shells/friends in case something comes up.

- Previous Server(s) and Linkshell(s):
    Odin:

UnleashedForce - End-game LS. Did almost everything except for HNM. A very nice, mostly EU based LS. I attended events and had no problems with any of the members in the shell. I did however take a leave of absence for awhile due to recently being diagnosed with Type I diabetes in April. I was in the hospital for awhile and needed some rest after everything that had happened.

WoopaTroopas - My first try @ an HNM-based shell. Odin's HNM scene is very crowded, so this is just one of many on the server. The people in the shell were very nice, except for the only sackholder who seemed very irritable. I was removed for "not coming to HNM camp". The matter was that I was AFK w/ party flag up on BRD. Apparently Khim or Cerb has popped and someone saw me standing in Whitegate and took a screenshot of me and posted on forums for removal Sad. I just accepted it and moved on cause I didn't want to make a scene.

I was in many other shells on Odin, but most others were one event LSs, or just socials from way back in the day when I was still a new player. I made a lot of friends on Odin, but wanted to try out the HNM scene, but knew it would be almost impossible on Odin due to the excess of people. So, I seeked elsewhere and landed on Gilgamesh.

Gilgamesh:

Zenmetsu - I was in Zenmetsu for about a month. It was a group of good and bad people. I enjoyed myself and the time spent. We claimed almost ever Fafnir/Nidhogg, KB, and Aspid was a little lacking. They really didn't do much Tiamat, Cerberus, Khimaria, etc. This was a little depressing cause even if I camped myself, I really didn't have a holding job or could hold for that long for enough people to get to me. They did other events such as Limbus, Dynamis, Einherjar. The shell has been going downhill since the original leader, Airknight, had his character recalled. A sackholder was kicked and then banned and went to WoW. The new shellholder is hardly ever online, and one of the sackholder's is on a big power trip right now making rules and other decisions by himself for everyone else. They are also talking about jumping servers again, and I'd rather not go with them. The shell just seems to be barely standing. I had 700pts in the shell when I left, and that only in a month means I showed up to almost everything.

I have not joined any other shells on Gilgamesh.

- Reasons for leaving said Server(s) and Linkshell(s):
    As said above, I left Odin seeking a newer HNM scene and something different. Odin being closed off for almost a year now, it gets boring when you don't have any new players.

The reason I jumped to Gilgamesh was for the HNM scene and a couple of friends here. However, the shell I joined wasn't out-going as much as I thought it was. Just did only the 3 main kings of HNM, Aspid, KB, and Fafhogg. The events I didn't mind, as I like doing Dynamis/Limbus/etc. Just the shell has gotten very weak after the month I joined. I guess a lot can change in a month, but it was enough to make my head spin, lol

- Any additional information you want to add:
    I do play on PC *hint hint*, lol. If you need to know more than that, PM me or contact me some other way.

I'm 20 years old, and I will be starting college on the 24th for my 3rd year as a chemical engineer for LSU. I played soccer for 7 years and still do, but only for fun. I'm very out-going and can talk a little much and sometimes not at all. I'm a Taruwaru!

I'm posting this application before-hand to try and do some research and get my foot in the door, no offense. My server transfer probably won't be up for another 1 1/2 - 2 months (not sure on the exact date). I just want to make sure this time that if I'm serious about HNM and end-game, that I get in with a good/stable shell. I don't find it very fun that my first server transfer turned out like it did, lol. I had been on Odin for 3.5 years and never thought I'd server transfer, but I guess things change.

If you need to know anything about my character that isn't listed here, you can check my FFXIAH.com account. I keep it reasonably updated.

Gilgamesh - Lemonaide

Sorry for the "wall-of-text", but thank you for taking the time to read my application! I'll keep in contact if I'm considered! Smile
    Starrr
    Starrr

Number of posts : 70
    Registration date : 2009-06-21

Lemonaide's Application~! - Accepted Empty Re: Lemonaide's Application~! - Accepted

Post  Starrr Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:20 pm

Nice to see somebody spend more than 5 mins on an application.
    Kayu
    Kayu

Number of posts : 52
    Registration date : 2009-04-28

Lemonaide's Application~! - Accepted Empty Re: Lemonaide's Application~! - Accepted

Post  Kayu Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:42 pm

well fuck he haves a anime avatar(.hack!), i say yes!
    and yeah its nice to see a person spend 10 min on their app.
    Lemonaide
    Lemonaide

Post  Lemonaide Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:19 pm

Thank you ^_^

Actually, that's where I got my original name from. Liminality is the state of being between two states of mind/matter, in a sense. It's more like being in between two existential planes. There has been research done on it back in the early 1900's, but I can't seem to find it right now. Let me give you a brief excerpt:

"The liminal state is characterized by ambiguity, openness, and indeterminacy. One's sense of identity dissolves to some extent, bringing about disorientation. Liminality is a period of transition where normal limits to thought, self-understanding, and behavior are relaxed - a situation which can lead to new perspectives."

"In reality illegal immigrants (present but not "official"), stateless people, intersexual or transgender people, bisexual people in most contemporary societies, and those of mixed ethnicity or accused but not yet judged guilty or not guilty, are liminal. Teenagers, being neither children nor adults, are liminal people. The trickster and related archetypes embody many such contradictions as do many popular culture celebrities. The category could also hypothetically and in fiction include cyborgs, hybrids between two species, shapeshifters. One could also consider seals, crabs, shorebirds, frogs, bats, dolphins/whales and other "border animals" to be liminal. It should come as no surprise that these liminal creatures figure prominently in mythology as shapeshifters and spirit guides.

Wounds are liminal in that a wound is in constant flux, either getting better or getting worse. It is a site of healing or infection (or both, simultaneously). Menstruation is a condition in which (like a wound) the boundary between the inside of the body and the outside of the body is broken. Sex is a liminal act.

On an even more cosmic level, we have those judged both living and non-living, such as the human fetus in the abortion debate, those in a Persistent Vegetative State, undead characters and Schrödinger's cat. Plants such as seaweed (between sea and land) and mistletoe (between earth and sky) are not only liminal themselves, but are used in liminal rituals such as healing."

If you will remember from the anime, those who were affected were put into a "vegetative state" afterwords. Not alive, but not dead. You'll also remember that one's sense of self becomes skewed and awkward about who they are/where they are going. I'm not sure when, but the idea of "Trismegistus" was put forth in this, as well. This refers to Hermes Trismegistus, which is the combination of the Greek god Hermes and the Egyptian god Thoth.

"This last account of how Hermes Trismegistus received the name "Trismegistus," meaning "Thrice Great," is derived from statements in the The Emerald Tablet of Hermes Trismegistus, that he knows the three parts of the wisdom of the whole universe. The three parts of the wisdom are alchemy, astrology, and theurgy. The pymander, from where Marsilio Ficino formed his opinion, states that "they called him Trismegistus because he was the greatest philosopher and the greatest priest and the greatest king"."

When you stumbled into of the white rooms, there was a tablet. Also, even in the very beginning of the game/anime itself, there was the great stone tablet, which was most likely the Emerald Tablet of Hermes Trismegistus.

That is why most of my screen names refer to Liminality. Sorry to go off on a tanget like that, lol. Think of it as a history lesson! I'm sure if you're interested you could find some articles or research on it, but I'm kind of a dork. A sexy dork, so it's ok... so I'm told Razz

I had to rename my character when I moved to Gilgamesh because it was taken. I changed it to Lemonaide cause after getting diagnosed, all I ever drink is Light Lemonade with no carbs in it, haha. Not as serious, but it suits me well Wink

~Ninja Edit~

I noticed that some of your members are originally from Odin, or came off of Odin? I didn't realize that until I saw Hex and Eragon's name, lol. Where any of yall in Resu? Before I was even looking for an HNM shell, my friends and I made fun of Resu all the time, no offense, lol. I remember back in the day one or two of them came on vent and it made me want to strangle fucking babies. Hex always would talk shit to Synyster and then right after try and recruit him. Croce and me would fucking LOL every time we saw it. That kid just makes no sense!

Last edited by Lemonaide on Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just cause!)
    Alaura
    Alaura
    Leader
    Leader

Number of posts : 341
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Alaura Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:08 am

Hex is a fat fuck that needs srsly mental help
    And Eragon is another fat fuck thats hex's bitch.. Both of need
    need to serious help cuz there fucking retarded.
    Lemonaide
    Lemonaide

Post  Lemonaide Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:44 am

I didn't have the pleasure of knowing either of them personally, but it's hard not to hear things. I remember that Eragon may have been in WT for awhile, but it could have been someone else entirely. I just remember a big fuss over a certain someone having access to his account information. I can't seem to remember a name, though. I don't know if Resu was as bad as everyone made it out to be. I think it mostly just got a bad reputation due to Hex being the shellholder, lol
    Renze
    Renze
    Leader
    Leader

Number of posts : 789
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post  Renze Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:01 am

Starrr wrote:Nice to see somebody spend more than 5 mins on an application.

^

I like this app, nothing gives a better 1st impression than a well written application. Just a couple of questions/comments though;

1. I hope you enjoy playing WHM and have a good knowledge of the job Razz
    2. Do you have a problem being woken up if we have something claimed with a low number?
    3. I was born on Odin, name was Darkstaruk but i don't remember seeing you around
    Lemonaide
    Lemonaide

Post  Lemonaide Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:14 am

Actually, WHM was my first 75 job. So, I think I have a lot of experience on WHM in any situation.

Being woken up, I don't have a problem with it as I leave my laptop running @ night with sound up and I sometimes leave my cell # on vent if I know a window may be opened while I sleep.

I'm afraid I didn't know you either, lol. Two of my closest friends who I started the game with are Synyster and Croce. We kept a close social group together and still talk even though I'm on Gilgamesh now. They have been very good personal friends for almost 4 years now.

As you may have read, though, my server transfer won't be up for @ least 1.5 - 2 months. I have yet to check the exact date, but I'm sure it's around this time frame. So you have ample time to consider my application. As well, it gives me a perspective of your shell in that time frame.
    Jujaahujaa

Number of posts : 17
    Registration date : 2009-02-26

Post  Jujaahujaa Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:11 am

I'm from Odin Lemo, and I was in Res ( shame on me ) anyway I kept my originally name Jujaahujaa when i swithed to this server cuz noone can think about such a pro name ;P Anyway i unno if u remember me but I also ran my own sky ls recently for about 1yr and a half in GMT zone.
    I'm a tawutawu if that helps u!
    Diavolo

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2009-08-05

Post  Diavolo Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:36 pm

good shit
    Alaura
    Alaura
    Leader
    Leader

Number of posts : 341
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Alaura Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:42 pm

:: ACCEPTED ::

sorry for taking so long.. the other LS leaders ignore ppl.. and are ngrs.

Please see myself, Renze, Botosi, Aragon or Alastor for a pearl.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:33 am